This is a place for ideas. Most will be ideas for new products. Perhaps they already exist, but I have not seen them. Perhaps people will take these ideas and use them for personal gain. That is fine with me. Other ideas may include topics for research projects that would be of interest to me. If you have ideas you would like to share with the world, let me know and I will be happy to post them here also.

Saturday, March 03, 2007

Online Timestamp for Predictions/Ideas

Problem: You had a certain idea or prediction, perhaps that you shared with others, that turned out to come true. But after the fact, you have no proof of your early version of the idea, and your friends don’t remember or care about your prescient vision.

Solution: WebTimestamp is a service that let’s you simply enter a block of text and timestamp it. Once an item is stamped, it can no longer be edited. One example I wish I had “timestamped” was my opposition to the Iraq war expressed before the war started (back when most were mildly in favor of the invasion). Other examples might be sports or political predictions, suicide notes, etc.

Caveat: A site like this could potentially be abused by people who make numerous predictions - especially on both sides of an issue. For example, someone could predict a bunch of stocks to go up or down, with different user ids, and then advertise just the predictions where they were correct.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home