This is a place for ideas. Most will be ideas for new products. Perhaps they already exist, but I have not seen them. Perhaps people will take these ideas and use them for personal gain. That is fine with me. Other ideas may include topics for research projects that would be of interest to me. If you have ideas you would like to share with the world, let me know and I will be happy to post them here also.

Thursday, February 22, 2007

Televised Golf Slopes

Problem: In this day and age, televised sports benefit from incredible technology. The strike zone pitch replays in baseball, yellow first-down line in football, replays from all angles, etc. Golf even has the super slo-mo replays of tee shots, bunker shots, etc. However, they have never come up with a camera that comes even close to properly representing the slopes on the greens. If the announcers don't tell you, you have almost no concept of the steep slopes on the greens until you see which way the ball rolls.

Solution: I am not an expert in video/photography. But it seems to me that they show all of their shots from overhead cameras that show the entire green, but which flatten out all of the slopes. I think they could properly demonstrate slope by using more cameras that are at the ground level. To me, this would be much more valuable than some of the other junk they waste money on, like all the slo-mo analysis they do of the golf swings.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home