This is a place for ideas. Most will be ideas for new products. Perhaps they already exist, but I have not seen them. Perhaps people will take these ideas and use them for personal gain. That is fine with me. Other ideas may include topics for research projects that would be of interest to me. If you have ideas you would like to share with the world, let me know and I will be happy to post them here also.

Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Blog Expirations on Blogger

Problem: It's always disappointing when someone takes a primo blog name on Blogger and then doesn't do anything with it. Here are some random examples of great keywords for which I found existing blogs, which turned out to be quite lame and abandoned (as you can see for yourself). I included a short excerpt from each blog to give you a general idea.

MoreCowbell - (last post October 2002) "Apparently I missed the memo, but Rosie O'Donnell is back in the news.
LOL - the only post (from April 2001) is "this is the flufy puiff blog.... it has everything from Harry Potter to Limp Bizkit"
Sublime - (last post July 2001) "i'm bored and grumpy. i just cleaned my room, yuck. dried flowers rot. dum dee dum"
Preschool - only post from 10/13/04 is "my son goes to pre-school at 8:00"
PhiladelphiaEagles - There are a total of 5 posts, from November 2003
RantsAndRaves - A single post in 2000, completely worthless and with no redeeming value

Obviously most of these people had 5 minutes of interest a few years ago, and have no intention of ever posting to that blog again. Yet they are squatting on a prime blog name.

Solution: Blogger should have a rule where someone can apply to wait list a blog name, in which case Blogger sends an e-mail to the "owner" of that blog indicating that if they don't make a single post for a 2 year period, the name will be transferred to a new owner.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home